Here we go again





Well, we are officially taking the plunge and going back to Prague. Tickets have been bought. Reservations at Gennet are made, and now it’s time to get my mind focused and the rest of my baby weight off ….eye roll.

I’m actually pretty close to getting those last pounds off. In part because after Ellyette got the stomach flu last week, I got it too. And magically 3 pounds disappeared. I call it the “stomach acid diet.” It’s not for the faint of heart, but might be worth a book at some point.

One of my other motivations is this d-bag personal trainer at Gold’s Gym who upon doing my “short term” and “long term” goals, informed me he thought my short term goals should be to lose 2 pounds a week. For a year. Yes my friends, that amounts to 96 pounds, which means I would weigh less than 30 pounds at the end of the year if he got his way.


My long term goal was to lose 10 pounds.

Where the discrepancy lies between his goals and mine, I do not know. However, I can tell you that the whole “you are your own harshest critic” was completely debunked with that assessment.



So now whenever I see him at the gym, I put my snarkiest “you are terrible at math, you idiot” face on, and run an extra 15 minutes.

Maybe that was his plan to begin with….Whatever, still totally insulting.

Mad No


The other piece to getting ready for this adventure is mentally preparing for IVF. So naturally, rather than do anything ultra productive after Ellyette goes to bed, I will lurk Fertilityfriendsuk.com. and get the highs and lows of my community out there. And this time I will do it with no shame. Take that Ben Hummel. Did you here me? I WILL LURK INFERTILITY BOARDS WITH NO SHAME!!!


Oh infertility, and all the smilies that go with it, I have missed you so. Big Dancing Banana


1 comment:

  1. Dear Admin.
    I am a Danish girl, 29 years old, I am studying tourism, and have to write my master thesis, which I hope to do about fertility tourism.

    However, this depends on if I find any respondents, which is a bit difficult in this field. Therefore, Ive been looking at blogs as a way to find contacts and I hope you will be one of them.

    I aim to create a better understanding for the process of the fertility travel and what this contains emotional as practical (broad explained).

    Thus, it would be wonderful to have a skype interview with you, and hopefully also your wife, about your abroad fertility treatment experience. It will take about 1 hour of your life;) Naturally I will make it fit to your everyday life.

    The interview will first be later on this year because I have to do some pre-work first. But if you will state if you and your wife will like to participate already now, it would be wonderful.

    I hope deeply to hear back from you,

    All best Ida Brämer

    ReplyDelete