Stick it where?


Within the first 24 hours of arriving in Europe, I got naked for a man I'd never met, had a needle in my arm, and had my first injection of drugs in the stomach. 

I kind of felt like I glimpsed into the life of a drug addicted hooker. Except, I didn't make any money and I had to pay for my own drugs.

Here is my before picture



















And my after



















Ok, it wasn't THAT bad. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how much the injection didn't hurt. Or maybe it was just my surprise at the fact that Ben was the one who gave it to me, after all, this was the guy who almost passed out when he had his blood taken just a couple weeks ago. If I remember correctly, our conversation after his blood draw went something like this:


Scene set: I walk through the door around 7:00 p.m., just getting home from work and Ben is sprawled out on the couch in obvious discomfort.

Ben: “That was so horrible."

Me: “Why?”

B: “They took five vials of blood. Five! I thought I was going to pass out.”

Me: “Really? They took six vials of my blood, stuck two needles in my arm, and I was fine afterward. It didn’t bother me at all. I actually went to the gym afterward."

B: “I still don’t feel well” {insert moan here} “After they took all that blood, one of the nurses looked at me and asked how I was doing. I told here I didn’t feel well. She told me that my lips were purple and my face was white. Then she led me to a special chair where I could lay down for a while.

Me (with incredulous tone): “Seriously?”

B: “And then another nurse came walking in an told me I was white and that I looked like I was going to pass out….I’m still surprised I didn’t. I really thought I was going to."

Me: pause

B: “Can you scratch my back? I still don’t feel well.”

For a guy who is a big sissy with needles, he certainly has no problems jabbing them into my stomach....Maybe I'm being more hormonal and difficult than I thought. Regardless, he is definitely not getting his back scratched next time he gets his blood taken.




Post a Comment