Good morning sunshine


IVF used to be easy. Way back when I first arrived and they gave me a fancy Gonal-F pen complete with pre-loaded meds and a plethora of small needles and alcohol swabs to clean my tiny prick mark before and after the injection. Easy breezy, I thought. Minor side-effects, easy injection, cool pen. Nothing to it.

I was tricked.

Every appointment since then, I have gotten a new shot and bigger needle to add to the collection of growing syringes. My doctor "must change my recipe," - he is so nice, but does speak like a Russian communist - every time I show up because up until today, my eggs were a day behind (so typical)

My morning routine now looks like this:






Artistic Photo







Ben, right before we eagle-eyed my stomach for some real estate that hasn't been pricked or bruised












If you think you see coffee in the first picture, you do. And it's mine. The nurse said it was fine until a couple days before implantation. She said beer and wine are fine as well, so I'm taking her word for it. I'm actually thinking about adding both beer and wine to my morning routine before the shots in order to dull the pain of the latest and greatest addition, Menopur.

Believe it or not, even with the addition of multiple medication and needles my side effects have still been minor.

Gonal-F - slight headache, weird taste buds:)
Cetrotide - Burning, painful injections, slight bruising :/
Menopur- Growth of horns, tail, and pitchfork along with slight edginess and painful injection :(

The combination of the three have also made roughly 10-12 eggs grow inside my ovaries. While this is a good thing, it has also proven to be a little uncomfortable. In fact, I was going to build a ticker using fruit to show how my ovaries would start out as grapes and end up as mango(exact quote from the nurse), but I couldn't find the fruit option, so I just built one showing how much money we have been spending every appointment on more injections.



Now that I have wasted 10 minutes of my life creating a ticker, I am going to do something much more productive....Find out the street value of my drugs.


Post a Comment