Eye Candy


Feast your eyes on these sassy European works of art.
























I got the pleasure of viewing these pieces of eye candy for an entire afternoon at a Hungarian bath house.

For those who are not caught up on their Hungarian tourist knowledge, bath houses are a "must" for both locals and tourists alike. Apparently, Hungary has thermal springs (both hot and cold) that they have built huge palace like bath houses around. Then as the saying goes, "if you build it, they will come." And so we did, despite my huge phobia of bare feet in still water. It ills me just thinking about it. This is one of the many reasons I stay away from water slide parks and public pools. I can't stand bacteria filled cesspools of warm still water that my bare feet accidentally splash into on the way to larger bacteria infested bodies of water..aka. pools.

Anyway, I insisted on going regardless of my phobia because Rick Steves (the author of our guide book) said it is his favorite thing to do in Hungry.

So off we went to soak in crowded Speedo filled thermal pools of sulfur smelling water (which, by the way, is covered by Hungarian social security) 

Of course, Ben managed to forgot his swimming suit. He could have rented one, but refused to wear a borrowed Speedo. I still don't know why....

So... Off my parents and I went to soak in the crowded Speedo filled baths smelling of rotten egg sulfur while Ben watched downloaded episodes of Jersey Shore on the ipad.

Was it fun? Hmmm. Because I was in Budapest and it was a "once in a lifetime thing.." I guess it was a-ok. And while I still haven't gotten over my phobia of my feet in still pools of water, I will go to a Speedo filled pool of Europeans any day. 

Besides, who can resist this?




Post a Comment